Sunday 12 January 2014

Ciate "Pillow Fight" and Caviar Manicure!

Morning all! How are you? I have had a great weekend, I finally tried out the Ciate Caviar Manicure! I had been dying to do this and when I got some caviar beads in my Ciate Mini Mani Month Calendar, I couldn't resist! I only did an accent nail, just to get the feel of it but wow! I love it! For my other nails I used Pillow Fight. A gorgeous grey toned polish with purple undertones, it is amazing! 


This is Ciate "Pillow Fight" with Caviar beads in "Frost Yourself" I am so pleased with this mani! Pillow Fight was an absolute dream to apply, this is two coats with a top coat. There was some slight balding on my pinky finger just towards the cuticle but that could be fixed with technique I think. The mini bottles are so handy, the brushes are a great size to cover the nail in 3 easy strokes and the formula is fantastic! 


You can see that Pillow Fight is definitely not just a grey polish! When I first saw it I thought hmm not something I would usually wear...its grey...but once I put it on, I was more than happy with it! I don't have anything like it in my growing collection so I will definitely be reaching for it a lot more in the future! 


The caviar beads from Ciate were so easy to apply! All you do is paint your nails like normal but when you apply the second/third coat of polish you sprinkle the caviar beads onto the wet polish, push them down and let it dry! Simple! It leaves such an amazing effect! I didn't put a top coat over them as it can cause the beads to discolour which I didn't want! The Frost Yourself caviar beads are Christmassy but I think they can be used all year round! There is silver, dark blue, light blue and some clear beads that have a slight pink tinge to them in this creation! 


I took this photo this morning, 3 days after applying the polish and beads. As you can see with the polish I have slight tip wear but nothing too serious! The caviar beads have lasted longer than I expected too! I have had showers, done dishes and washed my hands multiple times and there are still some beads left! 

I am ecstatic with the results of my first caviar manicure! Not only is Pillow Fight just a stunning colour with incredible application but the caviar beads add an amazing touch to the manicure! I will definitely be trying another caviar mani in the future, I may even do one with all my nails covered, just for you guys! :) 

Have you tried any Ciate polishes before? Or attempted a Caviar manicure? Let me know!

Have a wonderful day guys, Em x

No comments:

Post a Comment