Monday 13 May 2013

Essie "Braziliant" from the Summer 2011 Collection - Swatches and Review

Hi again! I have a fantastic post for you today! In honour of Mother's Day, I took some inspiration from Melissa over at Lacquer Reverie and asked Mum to choose a nail polish for me to wear :) She LOVES coral and orange and anything bright so she chose Essie's Braziliant, a lacquer I got for her as a present. My mum has fantastic taste thats for sure. I am not a huge orange wearer, in fact I never wear orange polish however this one I would happily wear again. Braziliant, the title shade of Essie's Summer 2011 Collection, is a gorgeous orange/mandarin shade with a hint of shimmer throughout it. Really, can you say BRIGHT!!! This shade is on fire! I haven't seen an orange that stands out in the way this one does, the shimmer certainly adds that special touch. Onto some swatches! This is quite picture heavy, I couldn't believe the colour in the photos!


Artificial light, no flash. The colour has slightly more red in it in real life but wow!!!


Very fluro but some lights this is what shows through! I used 2 coats of lacquer, no top coat. Application was great...however; it had the huge Essie brush! I was so disappointed! It was hard to apply on my tiny nails but I managed :)


One of my favourite pictures. We have the fire on today and I couldn't resist, very fiery orange!


I couldn't quite capture the shimmer on the nail as much as I would have liked, it is more obvious in the bottle but it really does show through in real life!


Another picture without the flash, yes, it really is this bright!!!

Mum chose a brilliant polish for me today! I am so glad I wore it and took photos for you all, this is the only colour I picked up in this collection and it's the only one I need for now, nothing says summer like a gorgeous, fiery orange! This is the kind of orange I would associate with Katniss "The Girl On Fire" from the Hunger Games, bold, bright and brilliant!!!

Have a great night, Em x 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks fantastic! I love that fireplace photo!! :) Your mom did well! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you my dear!! Had to put the fireplace in there, felt very suitable! She did indeed :D x

    ReplyDelete